Pages

Friday, May 3, 2013

Wedge Sneakers: Yay or Nay?

I had been contemplating a certain fashion trend purchase for awhile now. I couldn't decide if I could pull it off and I'm still not sure that I can. But I went ahead and took the plunge and purchased a pair of wedge sneakers. I have seen people wearing and pulling them off, but these people are a) more stylish than me and b) usually a celebrity. For the everyday girl, I think it takes something that I do not always have barrels of: confidence. Many trends do. Also, I was worried that this trend has the tendency to make you look younger than you are (which I do not need help with). But alas, I still went for it because I realized... I like them.

I purchased mine at justfab.com. They don't usually carry shoes like this, so I was pleasantly surprised when I saw this style in my showroom (they are one of those shoe sites you can join that have stylists send you suggestions each month). I decided to purchase this pair because they didn't break the bank and I didn't want to spend that much on a style I still wasn't positive I could make happen.


Anyways, when I got the sneakers (impatiently) a few days later, I ended up being very happy that I made the purchase. Not only are these shoes adorable they are also hella comfy (these shoes make me feel like I can pull off saying hella). I put them on and didn't want to take them off because they were so comfortable (and helped me feel taller).

After having worn them around the house with my sweats, I realized I needed to figure out how to style them. I decided that they either go well with skinny jeans, jeggings, or leggings. They are what show off the shoe and flatter you the most  ( I don't think they pair well with shorts). I decided to wear a slouchy gray sweater with my leggings and these shoes. I think it worked (or I looked ridiculous and no one wanted to tell me). I only wish that I had purchased these sooner because they aren't really a summer shoe (although spring has decided to not show up in many parts of the country). Anyways, the JustFab version is already sold out (they do currently have a slightly different style), so you will have to go hunting elsewhere. They are everywhere right now, you just need to decide what is important to you in terms of price and material. Believe me, if I can pull this trend off, so can you!!

Update: Steve Madden currently has a similar style in two colors. They are more expensive, but look really cute.


                         

No comments:

Post a Comment