Pages

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Current Beauty Obsessions: Spring/Summer Edition

There are three current beauty trends that I am excited about using right now. I think they are great for summer.

                                            Photo: Sephora.com

#1: Bright Pink Nail Polish

This is a great summer color. It's a little different from a typical bright pink color. It has a bit of neon to it when you put it on. I like SPARitual's Dreamsicle, but Butter and Zoya also have a similar color as well.

                                          Photo: Sephora.com
#2: Purple Eyeliner

I was a bit hesitant about this. I usually stick with neutral colors like black or brown for my eyeliner. I saw photos of Keri Russell and Olivia Wilde wearing purple eyeliner and I really liked how it looked. You could do a whole purple palette with your eyeshadow, but I like wearing it with neutral colors so that it is not overwhelming. For the purple eyeliner, I like Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil. They have a few different shades of purple ranging from brighter to a more muted tone. This one is Dark Eggplant Matte.

                                                        Photo: moroccanoil.com
#3: Moroccan Oil

I've taken a little while to board this train. I've always been against voluntarily putting oil in my hair. I've tried different oil products before and it never went well, but I was looking for something to help with the dry ends of my hair and I had heard good things about this, so I decided to give it a go. It turns out it's kind of a miracle product. This works really well on my hair. I put a small amount from the mid-length to the ends of my hair and it has made it soft and more manageable. A little goes a long way, which is good, because it's a little pricey.

So, those are my current three. I shall continue investigating for new beauty obsessions...

No comments:

Post a Comment