Pages

Friday, August 9, 2013

Gradual Tan Moisturizers: Jergens vs. Nivea

I have pasty white skin that I try to protect from sun damage, so I have to use some type of tanner during the summer months. I am not a big fan of self-tanners because it is difficult to get a natural-looking color. Instead, I tend to use gradual tanning lotions that work as a daily moisturizer that slowly gives you color. These are better than self-tanners because they provide color that is not over-bearing and tends to look more natural. Your skin doesn't just go from zero to sixty, so to speak.

I usually use the Jergens brand, but this year I decided to try the Nivea brand and see which one I like better. After a couple of months of trying out the two different gradual tanners this is the conclusion I have reached:

Jergens:  

                                                   photo: jergens.com
Pros                                                                                      

-This gives a quicker and darker color  

Cons

-The color can be uneven until you use it for awhile

-The scent is a bit strong                                                    


Nivea:


Pros

-This has a better scent and is good as an everyday moisturizer

Cons

-The color is not as strong and it disappears easily, so you have to be consistent in application


Conclusion: It is difficult to decide between the two, but I recommend using Jergens in the summer when you need strong color and then using Nivea the rest of the year when you just don't want to be pasty.


Don't forget to exfoliate before using!

No comments:

Post a Comment