Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

We don't need to wear bras???

What I can remember as being the one negative about wearing a bra, is to make sure you take it off at night or it will give you breast cancer. Remember this rumor, that has proven time and time again to be false? Well, turns out, wearing a bra, in general, is not good.

Not only does wearing a bra apparently not provide any benefits, but it may actually cause problems. A 15-year study was conducted in France and the results revealed that bras are just another annoying device invented by a man (see bikinis and high heels).

We thought bras helped fight sagginess? Nope. Apparently, we prevent ourselves from developing muscle tissue that provides support. This can actually contribute to saggy boobies.

Oh yeah, and if you have already worn a bra for decades, it is too late for you, so don't go ahead with your bra burning.

The researcher used 300 women ages 18-35...um, 35? That's it? At least the researcher acknowledged this sample may not be representative of the general population.

Victoria's Secret must be pissed. Now there is no need to buy their fifty dollar bras! Especially the ones with all this new technology that is suppose to enhance the bra experience (Although I still find VS bras to be my favorite). Maybe, retailers are behind the whole campaign of making women believe they need to wear a bra?

I still see some positives to bra-wearing though...

Uh, false advertising anyone? This, I'm not gonna lie, is my main purpose for a bra. If you are an A-cup, there really is no other need for a bra. They don't really jiggle or bounce or need to be kept in place. Mostly, you just need to lift them, so it appears you have a bit more than you actually do. :) But these are also probably the main ones that don't need a bra. Which brings me to wondering about how breast size affects the need for a bra...

Now, hold up. I read about this study, and was skeptical and had some questions. So, I went to try to find the journal article to read the details of the study. I couldn't find it! I looked all over for the actual journal article. Oh guess what, it hasn't been published!! The media articles written about the study say that it it does not mention breast size, which I think is one of the big limitations of the study. I wonder if this study will be published or if the researcher will conduct more..

So to summarize this research: a dude got to get up close and personal with ladies' ta-tas for 15 years. How difficult that must have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment