Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Jeans for the Shorties

As someone who is 5'1.5" (the half inch is very important), finding clothes that fit, without alteration, can be difficult. Particularly in the pants department (or trouser department, if you're British). A lot of retailers only sell their pants, particularly jeans, in one inseam length (or two, with the other length being Tall!). This is frustrating. I believe people of all heights enjoy pants (yes?). I don't like having to buy jeans and then pay more to have them altered. I've taken to working on my sewing skills so I can make at least inseam (with original inseam) alterations myself.

That being said, there are some retailers and brands that have their styles of denim in different inseam lengths. Typically long, regular, and short (Sidenote: Why is it called REGULAR size??). However, in terms of fit, some brands' petite jeans are better than others. It is sometimes easier to just buy pants that only come in one length because they will overall fit (except for length), while some petite pants will fit lengthwise, but the sizing of them is completely different. So when I find short-length jeans that fit, I'm in for life.

Now, a lot of premium-brand denim only have one to two inseam lengths, which is a disappointment and also has them miss out on customers. OR they will have only one or two styles with shorter inseams. OR their "short" inseam is not actually short (32" is not short length to me). This allows mid-range price point brands to succeed in making stylish and well-fitting jeans and getting the petite customer other brands are missing out on.

One of these brands that I have been a customer of for awhile is American Eagle. The sell most (not all) of their pants at different inseam lengths. Their short length has been perfect for me. No alterations necessary.They even have ankle-length ones that are made for the shorties! I have multiple jeans from them and they continue to be my favorite short- length retailer! I also appreciate how they have many different styles and stay up-to-date on trends so that I'm not stuck to a couple styles.
                                                                                               Photo Source: ae.com

My most recent pair is an example of a current trendy style/color. I got the jegging ankle in desert lavender from American Eagle. I love them!! What are some other good short-length brands?

No comments:

Post a Comment