Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The IKEA Lamp


There is a good chance you have this lamp in your home. Why? Because it's cheap, sturdy, and stylish. Three things many consumers look for. Did I mention it's cheap?

You have probably seen this lamp in many homes. I like to say over 90% of people have this in their home (which may not actually be that far off...). I even noticed this lamp in my parents' house one day. You've probably seen it on TV or in a film, making an appearance in characters' homes. I now like to look in the background and see if I can spot it.

I have had my lamp for about four years and it is still going strong. I got it because I was a graduate student and it was very affordable. Luckily, it has been a really good long-term purchase.

The shade part is plastic, though looks glass. The stand is metal. It breaks down into pieces and is easy to put together (unlike some IKEA furniture). If you are looking for a cute and affordable lamp for your new place, check this lamp out (and try not to get lost in the store).

No comments:

Post a Comment