Pages

Sunday, June 30, 2013

The Power of the (Daisy) Flower

I feel like I haven't been into floral prints since I was a kid, but recently I've been getting into the floral craze that seems to be happening. For me, specifically, it is the daisy pattern that I have gravitated towards. There are two different apparel pieces that I found that I think are both adorable. One of them works well for summer, while the other one is much heavier and will be more for the fall. I also found an accessory that I can't wait to rock this summer.

My first pick is this sweater from Nasty Gal.


This is actually a heavier sweater, which I didn't expect based on the daisies, but it would work well for cool summer evenings or for the fall.

My second pick is this dress from Asos.

You can't go wrong with a maxi dress. This will be comfortable to throw on at any time during the summer. It can be worn casually or dressed up for a party or even a wedding.

My last pick is the daisy headband. Etsy has multiple selections to choose from (seriously, just browse "daisy headbands"). Here is one of my favs (and one you can make yourself):


This is a great accessory for summer. It looks cute in beach-waved hair or if you just want to put your hair up into a no-fuss bun, but want to add a little extra to it.

Overall, I think it is something about the color combination that I like. Also, I think adding a floral pattern puts a cute twist on classic items and isn't just for little girls' clothing or the 70's.

No comments:

Post a Comment