Pages

Friday, September 27, 2013

Favorite Musician Discoveries: 2013

I love discovering new artists. These are some of the ones I came across this year that have made it on to my playlist. 



Nina Nesbitt

I've written a post about her before. She is a Scottish, guitar-playing musician who writes her own songs and they are all clever and relatable. I love all her EP's and am impatiently waiting for her album. I recommend downloading all her songs.







Jake Bugg

Another Brit. His album is great. Aside from the obvious Lightning Bolt, I also like Two Fingers, Seen It All, Broken, and Someplace.









The 1975

If you don't love their song Chocolate, then I don't know what's wrong with you. They have a great EP out and a just-released album. I recommend checking them both out.







Ginny Blackmore

I am digging this New Zealand musician and hope to hear more from her in the future. Right now, I recommend Bones and Sfm to download. Her lyrics are very clever and her voice is very captivating and strong. I hope we get to hear more from her soon.








Kacey Musgraves


Loving this girl's debut album. I recommend the whole album. Personal faves include Merry Go 'Round, Follow Your Arrow, Dandelion, Keep It To Yourself, and It Is What It Is.







Jillette Johnson

I'm happy I was turned on to this artist. I love her voice and the lyrics are great. Some of the highlight songs from her album for me include Cameron, Last Bus Out, and Peter Pan.








MS MR

I discovered this duo when one of their songs was played during the Game of Thrones trailer. I went and listened to their album and discovered some great songs. These include Bones, Dark Doo Wop, and Fantasy.








Tom Odell


He has a very haunting voice. If you haven't heard Another Love, go listen now. His album and EP's are great.








Passenger

Go download Let Her Go. And then listen to the rest of the album. End of Story.









Icona Pop

We all got I Love It stuck in our heads this year. Fortunately, the rest of their album is just as great. I downloaded it the day it was released and constantly rock out to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment